Sunday, February 22, 2009

Failed attempts at cooking

I just attempted to make a baked potato. I overcooked the broccoli and what came out of the microwave looked like a small, brown, shriveled creature.

So, in lieu of that, I cut up some cheddar, and strawberries, and I have some great whole grain sesame crackers and a couple yeast rolls. Not an extremely diverse meal, but a tasty and pretty wholesome one nonetheless.

I am currently sitting on the couch, waiting for the Oscars, converting some video, and feeling a small sense of dread about the week ahead. Praying for motivation, courage, and a desire to work hard, instead of the small voice that always encourages me to take shortcuts.

1 comment:

heather said...

funny how i should be applying to graduate school and all i want to do is make up little bento-esque meals. and i am reading blogs.

i didn't watch the oscars but i caught sean penn's acceptance speech. beautiful.

i hope your week ahead goes well. i'd take the meal you had this evening over the diner onion rings that are giving me a bellyache.

anyway, i like it when you blog.