Thursday, October 2, 2008

in the city of blinding lights


So I saw Barack Obama in person this morning. It was pretty crazy. Granted, he was quite far away, but still, some of our oxygen particles probably exchanged at some point or something.

I'm still not sure who I'm voting for. I would have given McCain a chance if he hadn't chosen Palin. But I don't know if I align enough with Barack. However, there is always that lingering feeling of helplessness if you vote with a third party.

However, in the big picture, it doesn't really matter. My friend Bill who is very smart and eloquent is better at talking about these things than I am. So read his stuff instead.

But the rally was fun. Wandering amid thousands of people, being swiped with a metal-detector-swipey-thing. I bought a $5 button to document the occasion and there were lots of U2 songs playing on the loudspeakers. Then they played some random country song for the two democrats who like that kind of thing.

They also used an audience track to get people excited at certain points in the speech. I think that's kind of cheating, but it made me laugh.

Speaking of making me laugh, the Vice Presidential debate is on tonight...

1 comment:

كارولين said...

I laughed out loud at the oxygen particle comment.