Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Familiarity and Purpose

I just ran into a kid from my French class last semester. His name is Hassim. I didn't know him very well, but he always told me I looked like Amélie. When I saw him today, he rushed over and gave me a big hug. It was surprising and funny. but a nice addition to my day.

I also was greeted with a hug by Matt Szuminski this morning, an old TST friend.

and just in the past five minutes I spent some time catching up with a director friend of mine.

I guess I kind of made it, huh? I transferred. I love these days when I don't feel like I am in a strange place surrounded by strangers.

I've been thinking and praying about purpose a lot lately. I've never really been one to do that. I mean, I remember praying a lot about whether or not to transfer to Grand Valley, but I remember never feeling like I was getting direction. Ultimately I just got the message that, "You know, it really doesn't matter what you choose. You will be fine either place. You will not disappoint me with your choice. Just choose."

and I was always really confused by that. I thought God was supposed to lead you places. But, you know, he does. I just think sometimes it's a much more natural process. More about timing and opportunity than an endless string of forks in the road, always stressing about which is the best possible route.

I am again faced with a sort of fork, a rather large one, actually. And it's funny that on this day, Jon should post this on Stuff Christians Like (yep, it's occasionally serious).

That, along with some other small signposts I've encountered have helped to answer my prayerful plea that my fear would go away.

I am ready for an adventure.

No comments: