Monday, December 29, 2008

like...oh em gee

so here's how fifteen years old I am right now...

I went to the mall today to return some American Eagle jeans. I actually tried to shop the mall and mostly felt very stupid and ugly and poor. Especially my hair and braces.

I got really angry and mostly just cried a lot when my parents wouldn't let me drive down to see my boyfriend. After explaining how much keys and locksmiths cost and hinting at my consistent absentmindedness and lack of judgment.

I have now shut myself in the only available room in the house to write it in my blog.

That's how fifteen years old I am right now.

And the thing is... I realize it's stupid. I realize they love me and I lock my keys in my car all the time and they just bought me a new car after I totaled the last one they bought me... 6 months ago. And it's dark outside and I've never driven the car before.

And I realize I am blessed and not poor at all and in very good health.

but my inner fifteen year old seems to have commandeered me for the time being.

1 comment:

heather said...

i hear you.

my last post, i think, i was wylin' out because my windshield wipers stopped working (at a fairly convenient time), and i couldn't find a comforter.

i would be upset, too. i called in moral support for my mall experience yesterday.

here's hoping you get to see the fellow soon. :)